Sanctuary

 I've been feeling stifled lately. Confined. Constricted. In my house, in my days, in the routine that is anything but normal and yet also totally predictable. It's hard to get motivated and it's even harder to stay motivated. But I try each day. Some with more success than others. 

And then on Sunday I was taking a Zoom yoga class from my long-time teacher, Thomas, and he talked about being in the "sanctuary of our homes". It stuck with me. It made me pause. It made me stop in my tracks (or asana as it were) and think about being in a sanctuary, how that would change my perspective, how that would change my belief, how that would change how I feel about where I am each day. 

That simple change in the idea of where I am made me feel grateful. Lucky to have a home to be in with people I love. Lucky to be able to learn and work and talk and bake and listen to music and laugh with those also in my sanctuary. Lucky to be here and be well and be able to take part in a yoga class connected to others in their sanctuaries. Lucky to have someone to change my mind and change my day. Lucky to stop and think and listen and be. 

Lesson learned. 

- a

Comments

  1. Yes Allison, your words and contemplation hit deep for me and I feel the rising up of emotion as I'm reading. It is an honor for me to play my role as teacher and catalyst, and Wonderful for me to be in contact with you again. I'm grateful to the practices and philosophy of yoga to have informed my life and way of being, and to share this with you and All.

    Bowing deeply, Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to see a post by you a. I love that thought....our homes as sanctuaries, especially during this changed Christmas season. The best to you. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment