Wanting for nothing

Sometimes it seems like seems like each day, all I do is want something more or want something different. I want a different jacket or a different hairstyle or a different car. I want to try to a new diet or a new meditation or a new exercise routine. It seems that each day, every day, there is something new to want or new to change... except when I'm in water. 

It can be the ocean or a river or a pool, but whenever I can be in water, I feel whole and complete. I feel at peace and I feel calm. I feel full and grateful and joyful. I feel like enough and I want for nothing. 

And in those times of being in water, my mind is at rest, and yet it also provides me with comfort and a new knowing. It is in those times in the water that I hear, over and over: it will all be ok. Whether I am worrying or not, whether I am mulling over a problem or not, whether I am conflicted or not, I hear it in my mind: it will all be ok. 

That thought of being ok, of everything working out, of appreciating that I may not know the answer but I know I am on the right path, is a great comfort to me. So if there are times of stress or if there are times of uncertainty or if there are times when you question everything, ask yourself where it is that you want for nothing, and go there, and listen. It will all be ok. 

Lesson learned. 

- a

Comments