Good things are coming

Just for today I am going to try to remain peaceful and receptive (as my yoga teacher suggested this morning via podcast. Thank G-d for Itunes, by the way). That's not so easy for me to do. My fall-back position is usually assertive and judgmental so peaceful and receptive is a struggle. But I also know that the way I have been feeling lately- feeling like I have to constantly justify my position, feeling unappreciated, feeling like I have to yell to have my voice heard- isn't working. I may get what I want in the end, but I feel used-up and tired and angry as a result. And if that's the result then maybe the battle isn't worth fighting.

Maybe I can just do in my mind what I think is right and let the chips fall where they may. Maybe I can feel good about my decisions on my own without seeking others' approval. Maybe I can know that I am making the decisions about my life that are right for me and that are right for my kids and I know in my heart that someday, somehow, someway, things are going to get better. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to. I believe that. It may not be how I think things should work out; I may not be happy about the short-terms results, but I know in my heart that good things are coming. For me and for all of us.

After all, this is the life.

- a

Comments