I love my black bubble skirt

Today I am wearing a fabulous black bubble skirt that I bought at my friend Kelli's store (Mainstream Boutique in Edwardsville, IL. No, it's not that far from downtown St. Louis and yes you should get your tush over there ASAP). The skirt is fun, it's out-of-the-ordinary, it's flattering and it just makes me happy. So today, I am going to concentrate on how happy I am wearing my fun black skirt.

Sometimes it's the little things that keep you going. Sometimes it's easier to focus on the things that are going wrong in your life (the fact that your coffee spilled on your white shirt this morning while meeting with a client, the fact that you and your ex can't agree on what's appropriate for your child to read, the fact that a person you thought was a good friend can no longer find the time to call or email you back.... you get the picture) can make it seem almost too much to deal with in one 24-hour period. Sometimes it's easy to bitch and moan and hard to be grateful. Sometimes you're lonely and it just sucks to be single. Sometimes, as much as you want to write a funny blog, you just can't do it.

But you can look in your closet, see the black skirt you love so much, realize that it's officially Spring and therefore appropriate to wear said skirt, and when the turkeys are starting to get you down, you can look down in your chair, look at your black skirt, say a silent "thank you" to Kelli for having such wonderful taste, and you can smile.

After all, this is the life.

- a

Comments

  1. you are so right! trying to change my attitude on life! hence, my new fave quote... "Life's what you make it, so let's make it rock!" lol! now i just need a cute new skirt, and nothng will get me down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment