Embracing it all

When things are not going the way we want, it's easy to shut down, to shut out, to turn off. When we experience anxiety or fear or sadness it's easy to want to seek an escape from reality. But what if we did the opposite? What if we took what we're feeling and sat with it for a while, brought it all closer to us, enveloped it with our arms, against our chests and our hearts? By embracing these feelings, we can hold them so near to us and accept them so completely that we are no longer ruled by them. It's in the fighting these feelings that we get more tangled up; it's in the embrace that we can be set free.

I've been having a tough time lately. I've been feeling like I'm not doing enough or being enough or giving enough. I've been wondering where my life is leading me, am I making the best decisions, am I worrying too much? All of these concerns have me spinning around in a circle- never getting anywhere but more wound up.

I accept where I am right now. I accept my life as it is and I understand that everything around me is perfect as it is right now. If I fight against this reality, I will go deeper into those dark woods. It is when I accept what is, what's facing me, where I stand in this moment, that I can then take a step forward. It is when I learn to look at my circumstances and everything that brought me here that I can truly see what I have. I can learn from this. I can accept it all and I can let it all go.

Today I am embracing my life and its challenges and its triumphs. Today I am embracing all that I'm feeling, all that I have and all that I long for. Today I am embracing my life as it is and where it will take me.

This is the life.
- a

Comments