Happy is as happy does

So I've heard that whatever you put out in the universe will come back to you, so today I'm going to put out happy thoughts. I'm going to meet my ex at an event for my oldest daughter and I'm going to think "I wish him well, I wish him well, I wish him well" over and over and over again. I'm going to make this my mantra for today.

The reason is really quite selfish: I would like all of those good thoughts and all of that good energy to come right back to me. I would like to be well and do well and be happy in my own life and thinking and stewing and focusing on the past (and present) wrongs that I perceive just doesn't get me anywhere but into a deeper hole of resentment. And to be quite honest, I'm a little over that right now. I'm over feeling sorry for myself and I'm over feeling hurt and I'm over feeling angered by someone else's actions (or inaction) and I'm over feeling all that regret inside of me.

When we ruminate on the past and what other people did to us and how they wronged us, we give so much power to the past, so much power to that person. We steal the energy inside of ourselves and we turn it outward and it goes pouring into the universe and away from our souls and away from our hearts. When we concentrate on another person- whether we like them or not, whether we want to be with them or get rid of them, whether we want to talk to them or never speak to them again- we give our power to that person. We rob ourselves of our energy and we give it away.

And I'm over that. I'm going to turn my attention inside, to myself, to what I want in life, to what I've done in life, to what I have yet to do. I'm going to turn that energy back inside, to focus on myself, to focus on my family, to focus on my present, to realize all that I want in my future. I'm going to look at myself and think about myself and appreciate myself and my life and my children and my family and my friends. I'm going to take today and I'm going to wish all those around me well and good wishes and good tidings and good futures, because I do wish them that. And I do wish that for myself. And I do wish that for all of us.

This is the life.
-a

Comments