Walking through

I had a dream the other night that I was in a terrible car crash, but that I was able to get out of my car and walk away. I looked back at the wreckage and was amazed that I was walking down the road, unharmed. When I woke up it occurred to me that life is like that as well. We find ourselves in the middle of these tumultuous times, in the middle of a family crisis or worldwide pandemic, and we can't believe when it's over that we are still standing. But we are. 

We have to remember, in these times, that someday we will be on the other side. Some day we will be looking back. Some day we will remember and think with awe how we made it through to the other side. We are stronger than we think. We are more resilient than we imagine. We are more capable than we might have considered. 

So in the midst of the storm, or seeing one percolating on the horizon, it's ok to be afraid. It's ok to wonder how we will make it. It's ok to ask if we we will get to the other side. But know that with each step forward, you are doing just what you might have imagined impossible. With each motion, with each emotion, with each consideration, you are doing what you thought you could not. And you will make it through and look over your shoulder, and be proud of what you accomplished and how you survived. 

Lesson learned. 

-a

Comments

Post a Comment