I don't live there anymore

I moved houses, and I moved jobs; but more than that, I moved away from who I was and moved toward who I want to be. By no longer living in that house, I no longer live in a place of my past with those feelings and worries and emotions. When I moved jobs I moved my energy and my future and my perspective. 

I moved my children into college, and by doing that, they moved to their next great adventure and the next great step toward who they want to be. They moved out of living with a parent full-time and moved into having more responsibility for their daily lives. They are moving away from being young children and moving into being young adults. They are taking the reigns and taking ownership of their lives. 

And in looking at all of this moving homes and jobs and schools, I realized that the physically relocating is just the start, it's really what follows after that, that you should focus on. Because you no longer live in that place, in that space, in that emotional energy. You have moved past it and through it and over it. Taking steps away from something means you are also taking steps toward something. Something different. Something exciting. Something hopeful. It can be difficult to leave. It can be difficult to say goodbye. But being difficult doesn't mean it's wrong; it means when you don't live there anymore, you are choosing what's next, you are choosing your future, and you are choosing what's right for you. 

Lesson learned. 
- a 

Comments