This time next year

It's around this time each year when I think: where will I be at this time next year? I look back at the year before, I think how time moves so quickly, and I sit in wonder at just how much changed in the span of 365 days. 

Last year was a year of big changes for me and for my family. Settling into a new home, still trying to figure out where things fit in the space, what the new routines were, where to shop, and eat. Settling kids into college and grad school, missing friends, making friends, crying tears of anxiety or sadness or excitement or relief. Starting at a new firm and moving from a workplace where I knew everything, to navigating new ways and ideas. Feeling challenged and motivated, feeling scared but supported. 

It was a lot, this last year. It was filled with so many emotions, and often more than one or two or six at a time. It was supporting others as they were making their own life changes while making my way through major changes of my own. But in the end, it was filled with memories I would not change. Friends I am grateful to have kept or found. Opportunities taken no matter how scary they seemed. All of this in the span of a year. It makes me wonder what I will be saying this time next year. 

- a 

Comments