Have a little faith in me

As positive as I try to be sometimes, there is inevitably a moment where I stumble. It may happen once a day or not for several months, but I'm usually just moving right along on my merry way, sure that everything will work out and all of the sudden I trip over a little self-doubt.

It's those times where thoughts of "Am I doing enough?", "Am I doing too much?", "Are my standards too high?", "Am I on the right path?" creep into my mind. I wonder, in terms of my business, am I doing all I can to get myself out there, to try and help as many people as I can, to meet new people and stay connected with people I know? I wonder, in terms of my family if I should visit more, or call more often, or send more cards. I wonder in terms of my friends: am I too selfish, should I continue this friendship, am I supportive enough?

I was feeling a little self-doubtful last night about work when my friend Beth said, "Everything you're doing is going to pay off. I just know it." She had faith in me, even when I didn't have faith in myself. Sometimes it's hard to remain positive and upbeat and believe in the universe and believe that things will work out as they should- and in those moments, you can turn to your friends. You can turn to someone who believes in you even when you may not. You can know that you are not alone, you are loved, you are believed in; and that can carry you through just about anything. Maybe it's in those moments of self-doubt that our friendships truly shine through- and that is a gift in itself.

This is the life.
- a

Comments