Today is the day

Today is the day I reconnect with my life. I accept what I have and what I have not. I accept who I am and who I am not. Today I remember that this is my life to live, that no one else can live my life and that I can blame no one else for where I am today.

Today is the day that I remember why I chose this path. Why I decided to make my own way and channel my own strength and why I put myself and my children first. Why I chose happiness and why I chose independence and why I chose to venture out on my own, for myself and for my family. Today is the day that I am thankful to be who I am and where I am. Today I am thankful for my family and for their words of support and wisdom. Today I am thankful for my friends- those who I have known forever, those I lost and re-found, those who have been in my life for decades and those who have been in my life for days.

Today I remember that life is ours to take the journey and take the bumps and bruises and pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and say to the world "Bring it!" - good and bad and happy and thrilling and sad and aggravating and challenging and simple. Today is the day that I remember how grateful I am to have been given a second chance and a third chance and a fourth, at life and at happiness and at peace. Today is the day that I remember how far I have come and how much I have struggled but how worth it all the journey has been. Today I remember that I have climbed many mountains and stood at the top, I have looked up high and wondered how I would ever make it, but climb I did and summit I did and triumph I did.

And I will again. Today is the day that I look to the next mountain and I stand with my hands on my hips and my face to the sun and I know I will make it to the top.

This is the life.
- a

Comments